By: Genc Namani
The Association of Kosovo Municipalities invites interested parties to participate in two webinars which will be held on December 3, 2020 and December 10, 2020
onapproaches for improved social services at local level, particularly related to day-care centers and conducting awareness raising activities for vulnerable groups.
The first webinar on Day-care Centers as family and community-based services at the local level, hosted by the Association of Kosovo Municipalities (AKM) will bring knowledge about:
• Basic principles and key characteristics of Day-care Services as a tool for provision of social services to vulnerable groups;
• Role of local governments in planning and provision of Day-care Services;
• Positive examples of Day-care Centers from the region.
The second webinar on Awareness Raising approacheson human rights, non-discrimination and inclusion at local levelhosted by the Standing Conference of Towns and Municipalities (SCTM) will provide learning opportunity related to:
• Why it is essential that local governments undertake awareness raising activities for vulnerable groups in their community?
• General concept for planning, development and implementation of awareness raising focused on anti-discrimination and social inclusion;
• Best practice of awareness raising activities relating to the social rights of vulnerable groups.
The webinars will be hosted at the Zoom platform. Please register via the following links:
1. Day-care Centers –3 December 2020, Thursday at 11:00 AM (CET)
Registration link: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_ntzgEkpYQ3KFWviYFK1VXg
2. Awareness Raising approaches – 10 December 2020, Thursday at 11:00 AM (CET)
Registration link: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_AQQfw5rLRcuz_A1DE45EUQ
The webinars will be delivered in English language, with simultaneous translation in Serbian, Albanian and Macedonian languages.
The webinars are activity of the NALAS project “Enhancing local capacities to implement the 2030 Agenda and the Leave No One Behind Principle”, implemented by the associations of local authorities from the Western Balkans in cooperation with and supported by the regional project on “Social Rights for Vulnerable Groups”. The regional project is implemented by the Deutsche GesellschaftfürInternationaleZusammenarbeit (GIZ) on behalf of the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
For additional information, please do not hesitate to contact:
Ms.NergisGjinolli, LGA Project Coordinator, Association of Kosovo Municipalities at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or +383 49 473 339